Department of Chemistry
Our vision is to promote a culture of research in the department and empower students to develop their skills so that they become good human resource in the field.
The mission of the Department of Chemistry is to create a conducive environment of learning for its undergraduate students and to achieve excellence in the area of research and education.
For further information please contact
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRYUniversity of Chakwal, Punjab 48800 Pakistan. Email: mail.uoc.edu.pk
The Department of Chemistry aims to accomplish these featured objectives through this program:
- To build an attitude to endeavor for higher education at the international level
- To provide current knowledge to graduates for the implementation of learnings effectively and efficiently
- To provide a broad foundation in chemistry that stresses scientific reasoning and analytical problem solving with a natural and physical perspective
- To provide students with the skills required to succeed in graduate school, the chemical industry or professional school
- To expose the students to a breadth of experimental techniques using modern instrumentation
- Developing the individual’s ability to do independent research
- Preparing students for more advanced study in chemistry
- To identify the problems and their measurable solution
- Providing advanced training to professional chemists and those employed in technical and business areas in which chemistry is necessary for efficient performance
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out independent research
- Acquire the practical knowledge of the type of research conducted in industry and of the constraints (both practical and philosophical) under which such research is conducted
Dr. Saeed Ahmed
Chairman / Assistant Professor
Postdoctorate: (2019-2021) The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong.
Ph.D: (2016-2019) Beijing University of Science and Technology, P. R. China.
M. Phil.: (2013-2016) University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore.
Dr. Saeed Ahmed is working as an Assistant Professor of Chemistry. Before joining UOC, he served as an Assistant Professor of Chemistry at The University of Lahore. He has published 30 research articles in a well-reputed journal with a cumulative impact factor of >160 and on a book chapter. His area of interest is Nanotechnology-based solutions for environmental applications, e.g. Adsorption, Photocatalysis, Reactor Design for water treatment, and Health Risk Assessment of Pollutants.